The New Hartford Central School District contracts with Capital Region BOCES for the equivalent of four days of service to be provided by two public information specialists assigned to the district.
The public information specialists serve as strategic advisors to Dr. Cosimo Tangorra and district leadership. The specialists also provide writing and other communications support to the district’s internal and external messaging.
The public information specialists and district leadership work together as a cohesive unit to provide high-quality communications support to the district to facilitate transparency and good-will between the district and its stakeholders. The public information specialists assigned to the district collaborate to achieve the goals and objectives in this communications plan and support each other when needed. They are supported by a network of BOCES colleagues who work in the same capacity in other districts across the region and state, including graphic artists, web specialists, print management specialists and communications program managers.
The New Hartford Central School District uses ParentSquare as one of its district-wide communication platforms. ParentSquare allows New Hartford to unify all parent communication with the district, schools, and classrooms under one system.
What is ParentSquare?
ParentSquare is an easy-to-use communication tool that combines multiple communication streams into one easy-to-use interface for families and staff.
What can you do with ParentSquare?
- Receive messages from the school via email, text, or mobile app notification
- View district, school, and class calendars
- Receive notifications and posts via smartphone, tablet, or computer
- Stay connected to schools, teachers, and staff
- Receive forms online from your school and teachers
ParentSquare helps empower everyone within the school community to stay connected and informed. To learn more about how New Hartford utilizes Parentsquare, visit our FAQ about ParentSquare page.
We encourage you to join us there to post your comments, questions, and even media to our page. Why? Because your voice matters to us. However, we do ask that your posts on our New Hartford social media pages follow our rules and guidelines, and that anything we talk about there is district-related. Because our focus is our students, the social media pages will be closely watched and moderated.
- Ask questions, but please remember to maintain student privacy.
- Share content, but be mindful and use good judgment about what you post.
- If you run a local business, we wish you success, but we will not allow promotion of your business on our social media pages, as we are education-focused.