NOTICE from the Oneida County Heath Department click for details.
Perry Jr. High
Medication and Physical Exams
- When your child requires medication during the school day, a written physician’s order (including diagnosis), as well as written parent permission is necessary. Please see the medication administration form via the medical forms link.
- Medication must be in the original labeled container. (Your pharmacist can usually provide a second container for this purpose.)
- Medications must be delivered by an adult at the elementary level. This includes prescription band over-the-counter medications
- All medical treatments necessary in school, including crutches, require written medical authorization.
- Please contact your school nurse for more information or if you have questions.
Physical exams are mandated by New York state for all new students and for those entering grades 2, 4, 7 and 10. These are offered in school. In addition to this requirement, all students participating in school sports must have a yearly physical exam. Sports physicals are offered at all schools during the school year. These dates are noted throughout the calendar, but are subject to change.
Please contact your building nurse to be sure. NHCS sports physical exam forms must be completed, including a health history signed by a parent, and returned to the building nurse prior to trying out for sports. Physicals may be done by your private physician or by Julie Shankman, our school nurse practitioner.
Sports physical forms are available from the school nurse or on the Web site under Athletic Department. The forms may be downloaded for your convenience. NYS requires BMI and WSC (body mass index and weight status category) on mandated physicals. NYS also requests Dental Certificates in mandated physical grades.
The school nurse also completes mandated screenings as required by NYS guidelines, such as vision, hearing and scoliosis.Please discuss this with your children to prepare them. As always, please feel free to call the health offices with any questions or concerns.