New Hartford Central SchoolsBoard of Education Seat Opening
SCHOOL BOARD SEAT OPENThere is one (1) five-year board position open for election on Tuesday, May 18, 2021.The Board candidate receiving the highest number of votes will receive the five-year position that will be open. The term will commence on July 1, 2021.Candidates for Membership on the Board of Education
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that petitions for nominating candidates for office must be filed in the District Clerk's office by 5:00 p.m. on April 19, 2021. There must be a minimum of 25 signatures required on a nominating petition this year.
- Be able to read and write.
- Be a qualified voter of the District. A qualified voter of the District is a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be incompetent.
- Be and have been a resident of the District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- Have not been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- Not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- Not be a current employee of the school board.
- Not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
NH Board of Education Clerk