General Expectations:I consider it a privilege to be your teacher, and I hope you consider it a privilege to be in my class. You attend a nationally ranked school, and I honestly believe it is a privilege to be a New Hartford Spartan. With privileges come responsibilities. Here are mine and yours:I will:
- work hard to earn your trust and respect
- treat you with respect
- create a classroom environment where you feel safe and wanted
- work hard to create lessons that challenge and excite you
- provide constructive feedback so you can improve
- help you reach your goals and dreams
Your parents and guardians are a crucial part of our team. I will share with them a realistic snapshot of our time together. Frequent communication with home is important, so don't be surprised.
- treat others with respect
- be a positive member of our classroom community
- work hard to do YOUR best
- actively participate
- own up to your choices and decisions
I will use a point system for grading purposes. Each assignment/quiz/test/project will be given a total number of points. Your score will be written as a fraction of the total points. Check the portal diligently to keep track. Please, if you think I made a mistake, politely ask me to check. In grading and recording hundreds of scores a week, I very well may have. No worries, I will correct it.
- Complete work on time
- READ the actual texts. You are cheating yourself if you choose the opposite.
- Create original work.
- Be prepared. Reviewing and studying is mandatory.