Parents and Students,
As the new school year begins, I would like to take a moment to review my classroom procedures that are currently in place for all students. These guidelines can be reviewed on my course website as well.
- Students are to come to class with all necessary materials daily. Items include:
- Calculator (TI-30XIIS)
- Pencils, erasers, ruler, highlighter and pens
- Math binder, including packet, notebook and homework
- Agenda planner
- Homework is a daily exercise for math, it reinforces classroom concepts and provides practice for students. Daily homework assignments can be found on my on-line course calendar located on my google classroom website. This calendar is for the benefit of all students and parents, especially when absent or at a music lesson. Please make sure your child is accessing this useful tool, as it will give helpful website links to daily topics. It will keep them up to date on classwork and homework so that they do not fall behind. Homework should be completed in pencil only, pens will be used for classroom corrections.
- Coming to class prepared is essential for student and classroom success. When students are not prepared they not only put themselves at a disadvantage, but slow the class and other students down by taking precious time out of classroom instruction. This will not be tolerated. When students come to class without supplies and completed homework, I will be taking points off of their quarter homework grade. I will contact counselors, parents/guardians if this becomes a persistent problem..
- Students are expected to be polite and respectful to all, as well as follow classroom directions. This will help to create a positive and productive learning environment!
- Please take a moment to check the schooltool parent/student portal. Total points will determine the overall grade. All assignments and grades are accessible here. This is a valuable tool to keep you informed of your progress. Tests will always be announced, quizzes are given throughout a unit, classwork and homework is sometimes collected and graded.
- Weekly Reviews will be given out every Friday and will be due the following Friday. These assignments are collected and graded. Students are encouraged to ask questions and receive help on them when necessary, however, copying from another student is prohibited.
- I am available for extra help.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or through my homepage located on the Perry Jr. High website. Thank you for your support.