All students between the ages of 11 and 18 must have working papers if they intend to work after school hours or during school vacations. To obtain working papers, the procedure for Senior High School students is as follows:

    • Go to the main office and ask for a working papers application form.
    • Take this form to your parent/guardian for his/her signature.
    • See the school nurse to complete the form stating you are physically fit. If necessary, make an appointment with the school doctor or family doctor so that he/she may fill out a report showing that you are physically fit for the job you have chosen.
    • Bring the completed application to the main office, and the person in charge will make out your working papers.

    Students can also check the New York State Department of Labor website,


    to get more information regarding working papers and information on how many hours and what hours you are permitted to work.