About the FoundationEstablished in 1993, the mission of the Foundation is to support and enhance the educational program of the New Hartford Central School District. An independent, non-profit organization, the Foundation provides support for all schools in the District.Our Board is comprised of alumni, and parents of students and alumni of the District as well as school employees who provide strategic and technical support, and building representation.As a non-profit 501(3)c, our Foundation relies on charitable giving. Through such giving, the Foundation has contributed to significant investments that include:
- iPad class sets for the district's Developmental Program
- A concert grand piano for the Dr. James A. Meyer Performing Arts Center
- A giant LEP scoreboard at Don Edick Stadium
- Hi-definition document cameras for classroom presentations
- SMART Boards in the elementary school classrooms
- New communications equipment for the Communications Club and NHCR: official station of the Spartans!